SUMMERcup discussion

Everything related to APCup
NinjaDeer*

SUMMERcup discussion

Post by NinjaDeer* »

Because the other thread didnt seem to motivate people to contribute to the next apcup i decided to make a more serious thread.
Why another cup? because we like new maps and we like competition!

I hope we can get some fresh mappers this time, if you want to volunteer please post in this topic.

THE DEADLINE IS 1ST OF AUGUST

When making a map consider the guidelines timothy wrote in the previous thread:
-Maps have to be at least 25 seconds long. Grinding for frames after 10 min of playing isn't much fun.
-No OB: Unless you make a map without ramps/slopes OB is too random and will be disabled.
-Make the map possible for every skill level, but preferably make some shorter routes as well that only skilled players can do. A good example for this is APcup2011-3-Runaos. The map is possible by just walking to the end and has jumppads and teles for the not so skilled players and ramps for the more skilled players.
-If you want slick in your map, you can choose between the old and new slick physics. Tell me which physics you want and the physics will change server side.
-Make correct use of killtriggers and teleporters. Use killtriggers at the start of a map and later use teleporters for areas players should not reach. (like a hole or lavafield you can fall in).
-Add well placed checkpoints.
-Make the map somewhat good looking. Don't make the map look boring. I'm not expecting everyone to make it as good looking as APcup2011-4-Stealth, but at least put some work in it.
Mappers so far:
-NinjaDeer*
-Diman`
-Sander
-Yave
-Ajb*
-Flame
-secret mapper!

-Jorge(not confirmed yet, also needs help with mapping :P)

Do you want to contribute to the cup and make a map but you dont think you'll be able to make a good map all by yourself? why dont you team up with someone who has experience!

For questions about the APcup, the guidelines for the maps or maps in general you can contact:
ndeer(my xfire)
stealth6(Stealths xfire, for all your map related questions)

Lets make the next APcup the best one so far.
Last edited by NinjaDeer* on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Diman

Re: next APcup discussion

Post by Diman »

Confirm to map for the next (F)APCup [check!].
Haven't mapped for a long time (But already 3 seconds of a run made :p)
And about the "good looking" part. Gonna make the map basis first, then gonna add things that will fit it best.
xDSander

Re: SUMMERcup discussion

Post by xDSander »

ill give a try on mapping tho :)
NinjaDeer*

Re: next APcup discussion

Post by NinjaDeer* »

Diman wrote:Confirm to map for the next (F)APCup [check!].
Haven't mapped for a long time (But already 3 seconds of a run made :p)
And about the "good looking" part. Gonna make the map basis first, then gonna add things that will fit it best.
xDSander wrote:ill give a try on mapping tho :)
Dont forget you only have 2 months! dont waste time
pupup0x

Post by pupup0x »

NinjaDeer* wrote: We also need a person to test/critizise the maps, anyone up for that?`
There's only one person too good for this job.
Diman

Post by Diman »

pupup0x wrote:
NinjaDeer* wrote: We also need a person to test/critizise the maps, anyone up for that?`
Definitely not you. Well, we could give it to arca though.
NinjaDeer*

Post by NinjaDeer* »

pupup0x wrote:
I was going to ask you because you probably think mapping is too much work and i do think you know whats important in a map so you up for it?

also diman please keep this topic polite
pupup0x

Post by pupup0x »

I'm up for it. I'd make a map for it if i had more time, but I'm quite sure I wont have enough time to make actually good map. I'll start making one anyway just in case there's not enough maps that pass my highly valued and 100% fair judgement.

P.s. imo arca would be good choice too though.
Yave.

Post by Yave. »

I can make a map too <3 (This time I will put some effort on it)
Timothy

Post by Timothy »

Isn't 2 months a bit too soon? I'd like some quality maps this time instead of rushed maps.