Crash

nico
Site Admin

Crash

Post by nico »

We got problems with some maps (see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4 for broken maps list) causing client or server crash.

I have not found the way to detect client crash, so the only way to prevent them is to block broken maps from voting. Another problem is the feature in TJMod to do it is broken: when the amount of blocked maps becomes large, blocked maps are no longer blocked :shock:. Until ETrun is released only broken maps causing client crash will be blocked from voting.

Moreover, I have installed a script (http://sourceforge.net/projects/qstat/) to automatically restart the server after few mins when it crashes. Server is now semi-protected against crash.

:arrow: When you vote a map and you see it causes a client crash, please report the map name and a copy of the error message if any.

Thanks
--
>Nico*
TmsK

Re: Crash

Post by TmsK »

Battery bugged also, crashing server when changing map.
nico
Site Admin

Post by nico »

TmsK wrote:Battery bugged also, crashing server when changing map.
Thanks for reporting.
Both server crashs of today are not related to the map, they happened because of a a bug in the mod and it will be fixed in 1.0.1.
--
>Nico*
RaNGe

Post by RaNGe »

Crash while requesting records just now
nico
Site Admin

Post by nico »

RaNGe wrote:Crash while requesting records just now
Same issue as previously reported.
I'll try to push 1.0.1 this weekend.
--
>Nico*
JOTR

Post by JOTR »

The map yave-bluebox seems to crash the server or client ... I tried to play it today 2 times...
Di3s

Post by Di3s »

JOTR wrote:The map yave-bluebox seems to crash the server or client ... I tried to play it today 2 times...
It's totally not like you already knew when you voted it 10 times before.
JOTR

Post by JOTR »

Di3s wrote:
JOTR wrote:The map yave-bluebox seems to crash the server or client ... I tried to play it today 2 times...
It's totally not like you already knew when you voted it 10 times before.
Im sry if you think that, but I voted exactly one time for this map... the rest of the votes was for random maps... (and no I didnt know that it crashes the server, I cant smell that like you)
nico
Site Admin

Post by nico »

Related issue about this crash: https://github.com/ETrun/ETrun/issues/65
--
>Nico*
JOTR

Post by JOTR »

The server crasher has been identified ... drum-roll.... its ZaD! oO

He crashes alltime the server by changing to this map...

Everytime he see connecting myself, he knows its over, all his records are at risk..., so he decided to "suicide" in form of changing the map :D

His brain is strating naturally to deform (its seems like), so he knows he has not that much time left to make records...

I understand you, Zad, dont worry