ETrun?

nico
Site Admin

ETrun?

Post by nico »

TJMod was first designed to bring Trickjump support to ET. AP was added to it later.

As I don't mind about Trickjump and as there is already a Trickjump dedicated mod (ETJump), I have decided to make a Timerun dedicated mod, based on TJMod: ETrun.

It's absolutely not ready yet and I don't know when it will be so do not ask.

What you can do is: use this forum section to post your features request and ideas.
--
>Nico*
Timothy

Re: ETrun?

Post by Timothy »

- Add +forward turning. (The ability to turn without accelerating, makes strafing a lot more interesting.)
- Remove upmovefix. (I know most players won't agree with me on this, oh well.)
- Fix killtriggers, not sure what dinius did to prevent this but I'm sure he did it to prevent players from lagging through them, which brings me to my next point.
- Remove the ability to lag through triggers.
- Double jump, doesn't necessarily have to be with a height boost (although it wouldn't really be double jump anymore). I just don't want to crash or slow down at every obstacle.
- Less acceleration when using aircontrol, another point most players won't agree on. The amount of acceleration when using aircontrol is ridiculous.
- Fix rockets, especially the delay when shooting.
- Remove OB
Zero

Post by Zero »

Hello,

I have no idea how far are you at the moment but if you haven't done much or haven't started at all I would suggest you to start from etmain. You can always take certain things straight from TJMod if it's needed. TJMod source is a huge mess and certain things that were done while developing it really broke lots of the entities, such as the kill trigger & doors. That's why I started ETJump from scratch.. Another reason was that I wanted to know everything there was in the mod and not just the things I made.

Also I suggest you to use SQLite for the records instead of the ET file output, makes it way easier, imo.

Zero
nico
Site Admin

Post by nico »

Hey,

Thanks for your interest.

I have indeed started working on ETrun from TJMod source, but as I'm new to ET sdk and alone to do it it's really slow to dive into the source.
All I have done atm is modify the in-game scoreboard, replace scons by autotools.

I agree with you for what I saw, TJMod is a bit messy :)

I got a question for you : you said you started ETJump from scratch, did you start from ETsdk or did you extract and work from ET-GPL cgame & qagame & ui?
I made a diff between both but it has thousands of lines and what I saw was coding style changes...
Do you know if bugfixes were applied in ET-GPL release?

Thanks,
--
>Nico*
Zero

Post by Zero »

nico wrote:Hey,

Thanks for your interest.

I have indeed started working on ETrun from TJMod source, but as I'm new to ET sdk and alone to do it it's really slow to dive into the source.
All I have done atm is modify the in-game scoreboard, replace scons by autotools.

I agree with you for what I saw, TJMod is a bit messy :)

I got a question for you : you said you started ETJump from scratch, did you start from ETsdk or did you extract and work from ET-GPL cgame & qagame & ui?
I made a diff between both but it has thousands of lines and what I saw was coding style changes...
Do you know if bugfixes were applied in ET-GPL release?

Thanks,
I started from ET SDK. No idea if there was any bugfixes applied in the ET-GPL release. I'd guess no but you never know so you should probably just take the ET-GPL.

Is there any reason why you have to replace scons? I'm not really familiar with any of them but had no problems using it while working on ETJump/TJMod.

http://www.quakewiki.net/archives/code3 ... ndex.shtml It is a really nice tutorial site for all your coding needs! :> You should read about the entities etc. Will make it alot easier to understand.

Zero