Doors vs. VET

ronsu

Doors vs. VET

Post by ronsu »

So, I searched up a bit and found out there's already existing command for holding doors open, why is it not en use on VET server? Now, if you want a good time on runs with doors, you need someone opening them -> makes no sense really, puts unsocial runners in unequal position!

So, g_holdDoorsOpen 1 plox! If there's some logical explanation to this please educate me.
rokx

Re: Doors vs. VET

Post by rokx »

I totally agree with ronsu.

Now you have to have someone to hold the door open for you if you want to make the best time, which is not fair :)

ps: Funny on my local server doors stay open.
pupup0x

Post by pupup0x »

Also all the other objective things should be done, such as open backdoor in battery and such.
nico
Site Admin

Post by nico »

ronsu wrote:So, I searched up a bit and found out there's already existing command for holding doors open, why is it not en use on VET server? Now, if you want a good time on runs with doors, you need someone opening them -> makes no sense really, puts unsocial runners in unequal position!

So, g_holdDoorsOpen 1 plox! If there's some logical explanation to this please educate me.
g_holdDoorsOpen has been set to 1 on VET server.
--
>Nico*
pupup0x

Post by pupup0x »

Make that doorhold a voteable setting. It is needed in most maps, but then there's runs like tutorialjump customs where those lifts that push you up are func_door, and you have to restart map for each try.
nico
Site Admin

Post by nico »

When map-specific server settings feature will be done the issue will be fixed.

ref: https://github.com/boutetnico/ETrun/issues/28
--
>Nico*