CTF

pupup0x

CTF

Post by pupup0x »

How about making a ctf gamemode? Planned this years ago, and it was going to be in Dini's game but we all know how that ended. Simply put:

Steal enemy flag and get it to your spawn by trickjumping. Team with most points when time ends, wins. With this we would finally have some purpose in having tj clans, as we could play matches between clans and perhaps have some sort of ladder for it. It would probably make some interest for other jumpers from other games to start playing aswell and thus have some more activity.

Some key features:
- Solid players so you can block the enemy
- Push enabled but you could push only your enemy (and not very powerful push)
- Command to drop the flag
- 5-10 second wait after death before spawning. So you couldn't selfkill and that way get to another side of the map instantly.

Ideal amount of players would be 2vs2 for one to defend and one to attack.

Those key features are for the purpose of the gameplay not being "best strafer wins", but you actually need some teamplay and gamesense to win. I don't think it would be that hard to make for someone who knows coding. UseMe would me more than willing to mass-produce maps for this if someone would actually make this. Ask if you think there's any downsides on this, or if you need some more information. I had this planned pretty good some time ago.
stealth

Re: CTF

Post by stealth »

pupup0x wrote:With this we would finally have some purpose in having tj clans
I lol'd.

Are weapons enabled or not? (not very clear)
Would be cool if the flag kept going in the direction and speed as the player was when he dropped it (a bit like the ball in powerball)

Also this sounds a lot like powerball.
pupup0x

Post by pupup0x »

No weapons. I think it would be better for the flag to just stop where it's dropped. It probably sounds a lot like powerball because powerball is based on ctf :lol:
nico
Site Admin

Post by nico »

I like the idea of a gamemode that lowers importance of strafe and focus on teamsense & teamplay.

I agree on the fact it shouldn't be hard to code but it will require a lot of time as there are many things to do.

Also, I think it should be made in order to be compatible with Defrag flag capture maps.
--
>Nico*
Raven

Post by Raven »

Weren't there also a mode with people playing with a ball around ?
pupup0x

Post by pupup0x »

Raven wrote:Weren't there also a mode with people playing with a ball around ?
That would be the powerball stealth mentioned earlier.