TODO list

nico
Site Admin

TODO list

Post by nico »

I really appreciate new suggestions, ideas and features request, so to allow you to check if your ideas are already on the todo list, I put the link of the official GitHub todo list:

https://github.com/ETrun/ETrun/wiki/TODO

Edit: this is replaced by the GitHub issues system.
--
>Nico*
F3mm3

Re: TODO list

Post by F3mm3 »

"add /currentRecords : It should show records of all players on the server from current round only. (lock & Wut)"

cant we already see this when we just press tab?
Or am I missing something here? :)
Zero

Post by Zero »

F3mm3 wrote:"add /currentRecords : It should show records of all players on the server from current round only. (lock & Wut)"

cant we already see this when we just press tab?
Or am I missing something here? :)
You can, but for people that are for example hosting a cup it'd be easier to just do /currentRecords and condump.
NinjaDeer*

Post by NinjaDeer* »

fix conerbug/wallbug (possible ?)`

i dont see how its possible but why would you do that, its part of the map, maybe the mappers did it on purpose but perhaps mapscripts like the ones for the VET runs

also slick surface detector... that just makes the players lazy and casual

EDIT: i might have misunderstood the cornerbug, is it the one where the player bugs into a wall to gain massive speed or the mapflaw where you cant cut the corner because its mapped bad?
Last edited by NinjaDeer* on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stealth

Post by stealth »

NinjaDeer* wrote:fix conerbug/wallbug (possible ?)`

i dont see how its possible but why would you do that, its part of the map, maybe the mappers did it on purpose but perhaps mapscripts like the ones for the VET runs

also slick surface detector... that just makes the players lazy and casual
I also like the cornerbug :P
nico
Site Admin

Post by nico »

NinjaDeer* wrote: EDIT: i might have misunderstood the cornerbug, is it the one where the player bugs into a wall to gain massive speed or the mapflaw where you cant cut the corner because its mapped bad?
Yes, that's why it should be fixed.
But the only fix I found, (checking player speed when he isn't moving and reset it) is not suitable for some maps because as player model in ET is larger than the Q3 player model, in some maps you are "stuck in the wall" at spawn and you need you be able to gain speed without moving to get released.
--
>Nico*
stealth

Post by stealth »

nico wrote:
NinjaDeer* wrote: EDIT: i might have misunderstood the cornerbug, is it the one where the player bugs into a wall to gain massive speed or the mapflaw where you cant cut the corner because its mapped bad?
Yes, that's why it should be fixed.
But the only fix I found, (checking player speed when he isn't moving and reset it) is not suitable for some maps because as player model in ET is larger than the Q3 player model, in some maps you are "stuck in the wall" at spawn and you need you be able to gain speed without moving to get released.
Well couldn't you fix this by adding a command /stuck that moves you 16 units in the direction you are facing? (Only once per life and not if you are doing a run)
Zero

Post by Zero »

stealth wrote: Well couldn't you fix this by adding a command /stuck that moves you 16 units in the direction you are facing? (Only once per life and not if you are doing a run)
Sounds like a perfect commands to cheat with. :D You could just "stuck" yourself into walls to get huge speedboosts all the time.
stealth

Post by stealth »

Zero wrote:
stealth wrote: Well couldn't you fix this by adding a command /stuck that moves you 16 units in the direction you are facing? (Only once per life and not if you are doing a run)
Sounds like a perfect commands to cheat with. :D You could just "stuck" yourself into walls to get huge speedboosts all the time.
well it could also just reset your speed to 0 when you do it.
Zero

Post by Zero »

stealth wrote:
Zero wrote:
well it could also just reset your speed to 0 when you do it.
And when you're in the wall you can easily just gain speed until you "unstuck" yourself by gaining enough speed.