Suggestion Box.

Jorge

Suggestion Box.

Post by Jorge »

Well, I have some suggestions, and since I'm probably not the only one, I guess there should be a Suggestions thread or even forum. (1st suggestion right there)
So, I thought that if it's possible, it'd be nice to have a slick detector. Why you might ask. For guys like me who aren't aware of the maps, I find it hard to know when a surface is slick or not, since the textures don't combine. Same textures for slick and not slick.
Last but not least, if anyone gets arsed, pimp up this site, looks too greyish and dead :X
Cheers ETRunners.
F3mm3

Re: Suggestion Box.

Post by F3mm3 »

site looks way better than etjump's site ;)
Jorge

Post by Jorge »

Just had to check, but they both look the same to me.
stealth

Post by stealth »

Jorge wrote:Well, I have some suggestions, and since I'm probably not the only one, I guess there should be a Suggestions thread or even forum. (1st suggestion right there)
So, I thought that if it's possible, it'd be nice to have a slick detector. Why you might ask. For guys like me who aren't aware of the maps, I find it hard to know when a surface is slick or not, since the textures don't combine. Same textures for slick and not slick.
I'm pretty sure you can post suggestions in the etrun part of this forums. (I don't think a new subforum is necessary since there just aren't enough posts)
Slick idea sounds cool, but probably hard to do for something players can easily check themselves? Just walk the map and see?
Jorge wrote:Last but not least, if anyone gets arsed, pimp up this site, looks too greyish and dead :X
Cheers ETRunners.
Agree, but for the forums it's pretty hard since most of the phpbb templates look pretty bland (You can see them here) and making one yourself is pretty tough. The best solution is to find a simple forum template that's easy to adjust and make some small adjustments to personalize it. (For example check out my website, it's a based on proglass then I found some modifications online to make it wider + red and then I made some stuff myself, but just those few things cost me 10+ hours)

But I can understand why the site looks like this - because it works. It would take a couple of hours just to make it look a bit better, but it would still work the same so what's the point.
Jorge

Post by Jorge »

Wasn't sure where to post it, guess I did just fine.
Well, when I walk around to know a map, I don't really walk, I jump, so I don't know what's slick and what's not. I guess I could walk around and see by myself, but that would take such a long time, specially in long maps. But yeah, it's not a MUST!, would just be cool. Pimping up the site, is just for eye candy really :P I like how it works as well atm.
stealth

Post by stealth »

Suggestions:
- New command /ghost <name>
This loads the "ghost" of another player (all their checkpoints). So you can see how far behind you are.

- Stop saving demos of slower times! :D Even if it's just from 1 session (aka if you join the server and set of time of 17 seconds it won't save any demos from that point that are slower than 17 seconds)
stealth

Post by stealth »

Suggestions:
- Add current UPS to check points.
- On the numbers at the top right. If you play and then go spec there should be a comparison between your times and the other persons times so you can compare.
So in other words, you complete a run, then go to spectator. You are spectating another player and then you can compare your numbers to the person you are speccing in the window at the top right. (both numbers are displayed next to each other in different colors)

Side note: Haven't been playing recently since some stuff came up.
pupup0x

Post by pupup0x »

stealth wrote:Suggestions:
This loads the "ghost" of another player (all their checkpoints). So you can see how far behind you are.
This is very bad idea. Knowing the time difference is enough, this will just be used purely for route stealing. Get skill you noob!
stealth

Post by stealth »

pupup0x wrote:
stealth wrote:Suggestions:
This is very bad idea. Knowing the time difference is enough, this will just be used purely for route stealing. Get skill you noob!
Just by knowing the route doesn't mean you can do it. Also by loading the checkpoints wouldn't tell you the route, would just tell you how far behind you are for each checkpoint. (Same thing happens when you spec a player and then join a team)

Making a real ghost that you could see would be pretty sweet, but too hard to code probably.
pupup0x

Post by pupup0x »

Still though, all these helping commands are pretty gay, and will eventually ruin the gameplay. Just like cgaz ruined gammas. You can see other players' time, any more info is just lame. If you can see those checkpoints and see like -0.200 gap at some point, then you obviously focus on that point and might find something you wouldn't have ever found otherwise. That is not fair at all, and will eventually lead to "best strafer wins". I don't if this mod has cgaz enabled, but if it has + this would come, then what do you actually have to do yourself? Best mimic = best player.