Problems running on Linux (CentOS-5)

Titan655

Problems running on Linux (CentOS-5)

Post by Titan655 »

Hello,

I am having a few problems running ETrun Beta 6 on Linux CentOS-5. All the files are in the correct place, and I have the gameserver configutation files to start the server ok. However, when I start the server, I get the following ETconsole error:
Sys_LoadDll(/home/gamecreate/et5/etrun/qagame.mp.i386.so)...
Sys_LoadDll(/home/gamecreate/et5/etrun/qagame.mp.i386.so) failed:
"/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /home/gamecreate/et5/etrun/qagame.mp.i386.so)"
Sys_LoadDll(/home/gamecreate/et5/etrun/qagame.mp.i386.so)...
Sys_LoadDll(/home/gamecreate/et5/etrun/qagame.mp.i386.so) failed:
"/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /home/gamecreate/et5/etrun/qagame.mp.i386.so)"
Sys_LoadDll(qagame) failed dlopen() completely!
If I am correct, I had a look around on Google, and I found that CentOS-5 uses GLIBC 2.5 - and it is an extremely bad idea to update to 2.7 (it seems this error is telling me).

So could anyone help me? Should I downgrade to a different ETrun Beta? It's seemed to work fine when I was testing the server on my Windows 7 SP1 (64-bit).
nico
Site Admin

Re: Problems running on Linux (CentOS-5)

Post by nico »

Hello,

Every ETrun linux binaries were compiled for GLIBC >= 2.7, so it's useless to test with previous Beta versions.

Can you upgrade your server CentOS to last stable version ?
--
>Nico*
Titan655

Re: Problems running on Linux (CentOS-5)

Post by Titan655 »

I don't know if I could because the Linux server is part of a rented VPS service. Is it not possible to compile a version that works with older versions of GLIBC?