• added private message command /m
  • added autodemo (cg_autoDemo)
  • added custom mapscripts support + colored start/stop entities
  • when players set a new PB, it is now visible for all players in the console
  • when you tie the server record it now says "has tied "
  • added banners printing to all players for SB updates
  • small changes & fixes
Full changelog is available here.

Also check documentation about cvars & commands.

Server binaries are attached to this post:
Attachments
ETrun_b5_server_binaries.zip
(515.76 KiB) Downloaded 452 times
--
>Nico*
stealth

Re: ETrun beta5

Post by stealth »

Awesome! I was just wondering what was happening with the mod :)

Some really handy features added too, look forward to trying them out.
pupup0x

Post by pupup0x »

Slightly offtopic perhaps, but imo a mod shouldn't use use cg_ etc for commands that work only in your mod. For example etr_ would be a lot better, people would find the necessary commands faster and shit. There's absolutely no reason to make mod related commands share cg_ in the start, it makes everything only more complicated.

Had to say something now, when there's not millions of commands yet and you could actually change it for the next version pretty easily probably.
stealth

Post by stealth »

pupup0x wrote:Slightly offtopic perhaps, but imo a mod shouldn't use use cg_ etc for commands that work only in your mod. For example etr_ would be a lot better, people would find the necessary commands faster and shit. There's absolutely no reason to make mod related commands share cg_ in the start, it makes everything only more complicated.

Had to say something now, when there's not millions of commands yet and you could actually change it for the next version pretty easily probably.
I agree with this. I also understand that cg_ is logical (client game), but it's not very handy (since there are already so many cg_ commands).
Maybe change it to tcg_ for timerun client game and tg_ for timerun game? Makes finding commands for players a lot easier.
Raven

Post by Raven »

I have already pointed this out that the whole cg_ (client game) is really useless cvar, for many reasons. I for one like to see the whole set commands by just typing the cvar + tab. I don't really like the idea to see the commands I have to scroll over the client games commands as-well or either way asking someone else for the command, Regardless. Thanks for the update :)