Problems with connecting

Revenge

Problems with connecting

Post by Revenge »

hey all, i'm a bit new to this stuff.. but prac hard go pro XDD ive got some problems with connecting to this server :91.121.30.216:11111 when i connect i download the map ofc.. (cl_allowdownload 1) after that it needs like 2 min to get on the server. that not a big problem for me but now i cant even join the server or my pc is a grey screen and do i need to reset my pc or CTRL ALT DELETE...

does anybody else have te same problem or had the same? and what did you do to fix that becouse its very anoying....

Thnx!:)

Revenge
Xfire: Revenge0606
stealth

Re: Problems with connecting

Post by stealth »

Check graphics drivers (update them).
Check resolution.

I had this problem once, it was because my screen didn't support 800x600 or lower, when this happened I just got a grey screen like you. To solve it I added r_mode -1 to autoexec and the right resolution.

If you can get an error from the ET console paste it here. Does the audio still work when you get a grey screen?
Revenge

Re: Problems with connecting

Post by Revenge »

Yea everything works, only the whole screen is grey i dunno how to update my drivers... :oops: but i hear my Xfire when someone is online or msn or dunno what.. but i cant see it not even with alt+tab so thats why i need to restart my pc or use ctrl alt delete.

but the last days on the server i dont had that problem so maby i did something what i didnt knew? :DD