nico
Site Admin

ETrun Beta 2

Post by nico »

Hey,

Here comes Beta 2 !

Test server is still the same: timeruns.net:11111

Changes from Beta 1:
  • spectators can now vote/callvote (thanks to Zero)
  • added map existence check on callvote
  • map change is now delayed by 15sec only if there is at least one active run
  • fixed prone bug (view was acting weird while proning)
  • cg_drawfps was working only for spectators, it's now fixed
  • made ingame scoreboard bigger
  • followed client while spectating was randomly changed, it's now fixed
  • added the ability (cg_loadViewAngles) to disable loading view angles when using /load
  • added class command from TJMod
  • added a sound when you get killed by an ingame entity
  • added pressed keys from TJMod (cf ETrun cvars)
  • made hurt triggers slower (1sec delay between hurts)
  • scoreboard now displays your best time of the last/current run played
  • added an option (cg_autoLoad) to automatically load your saved position when you get killed
  • added a new physics flag (128) to enable slick control
Full ChangeLog is available here.

You can check ETrun cvars wiki for more info about cvars.

Some notes:
  • You can vote to enable/disable overbounce and upmove bug fix. (Overbounce was enabled in TJMod, Upmove bug fix too) ;
  • The record streaming/login system is not included in this Beta, your records are not sent nor saved, it's a test server ;
  • Servers uses Q3_Pack1.pk3 to Q3_Pack16.pk3 + TimothyJoeyZowieTheiDukanker.pk3.
Please report bugs, on this thread.

Hf :)
--
>Nico*
Jorge

Re: ETrun Beta 2

Post by Jorge »

Bug: Might have been a one time thing but when a vote passed, it didn't wait 15 seconds to change map and I was in the middle of a run. (Tim saw it)

Opinion: The drawkeys default values are small. The default size from TJMod was quite good.
The Scoreboard, improved, is still a little messy. Could be a little bigger, not much though, and the following things would suit better in an ETRun menu -> info: Version, who it was made by etc. So basically, have +scores simply for the board and its information.
Also, I think it'd be nice to have the flags on main chat (Allies/Axis/Spectators) behind the player's name when they talk (Just like normal ET).
The curve in slick-control should also be possible to be done sharper. Don't know much about this one, Tim had the idea in the first place.

e: The scoreboard size would be good as it is originally, or maybe a little smaller since there's more things in it.
stealth

Post by stealth »

In chat you only need spectator / not spectator flags if any... what kind of information do they provide anyway?

Would be cool that when you press T (chat button) you see the last 10 messages or so. (Best case scenario if you can build the same kind of chat they have in source games (CSS, TF2)) - better than scrolling through console trying to find it. (but kind of a very low priority request)
Timothy

Post by Timothy »

Maybe ask Zero if you can use his drawkeys hud. I much prefer it over the tjmod one.

or the defrag one:

nico
Site Admin

Post by nico »

Hey,
Jorge wrote:Bug: Might have been a one time thing but when a vote passed, it didn't wait 15 seconds to change map and I was in the middle of a run. (Tim saw it)
It will be fixed in next release, thanks for reporting the bug!
stealth wrote:Would be cool that when you press T (chat button) you see the last 10 messages or so. (Best case scenario if you can build the same kind of chat they have in source games (CSS, TF2)) - better than scrolling through console trying to find it. (but kind of a very low priority request)
Good idea, I add it to the TODO list.
Timothy wrote:Maybe ask Zero if you can use his drawkeys hud. I much prefer it over the tjmod one.

or the defrag one:

Added on the TODO list too :)
--
>Nico*