Possible Quake 3 Rally map for use on ETRUN?

Timothy

Re: Possible Quake 3 Rally map for use on ETRUN?

Post by Timothy »

You were still wrong though. You can retrigger the start after passing the endtrigger like AjB pointed out.
nico
Site Admin

Post by nico »

Timothy wrote:You can retrigger the start after passing the endtrigger like AjB pointed out.
That's true.
And you *can't* reset a started timer by triggering again a start timer entity, you have to interrupt your run (/kill or /load) or trigger the stop timer entity.
--
>Nico*
Diman

Post by Diman »

Timothy wrote:You were still wrong though. You can retrigger the start after passing the endtrigger like AjB pointed out.
Diman wrote:
Simply TheJudger-Run2

Timers don't reset in ETrun.
By reset I meant retrigger.
kragle

Post by kragle »

Well here is the problem. ETRUN does not recognize checkpoints in order, it makes sure you don't go back on yourself and do the same checkpoint again but that's it.

If you start and then go immediately to the end, the race ends and your time ends without going through any checkpoints. It's like they do not even matter and you don't even need to go through checkpoints. The entity just prints the time out, nothing is done to make sure you have to do them in order before hitting the final stoptimer entity... :oops:

I just tested it on q3r_nightcity and mapped it myself, I went through every checkpoint until the end, and then when the start came round again the timer stopped and started again when going through the stoptimer/starttimer entities **without /kill.
NinjaDeer*

Post by NinjaDeer* »

kragle wrote:Well here is the problem. ETRUN does not recognize checkpoints in order, it makes sure you don't go back on yourself and do the same checkpoint again but that's it.

If you start and then go immediately to the end, the race ends and your time ends without going through any checkpoints. It's like they do not even matter and you don't even need to go through checkpoints. The entity just prints the time out, nothing is done to make sure you have to do them in order before hitting the final stoptimer entity... :oops:

I just tested it on q3r_nightcity and mapped it myself, I went through every checkpoint until the end, and then when the start came round again the timer stopped and started again when going through the stoptimer/starttimer entities **without /kill.
add mincheckpoints to worldspawn