Possible Quake 3 Rally map for use on ETRUN?

kragle

Possible Quake 3 Rally map for use on ETRUN?

Post by kragle »

Hi,

I have converted q3r_nightcity for ET this evening for fun, but thinking it would make a great run map for ETRUN. I have included the .map file inside the .pk3 for editor use as I do not have the entities required to make checkpoints ect... I could do it but you guys may decide to do a better route than me.

Here is the link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/goegow

-Kragle
NinjaDeer*

Re: Possible Quake 3 Rally map for use on ETRUN?

Post by NinjaDeer* »

i could do it but im not sure what your intention is
do you want the map edited or just compiled with timers etc added?
kragle

Post by kragle »

Well I just uploaded it for you all to see what potential it actually has in terms of a ETRUN map. It would be faster each lap you go, so each time would be different! It's a relatively new concept from most maps on ETRUN in that aspect.. But only concern is it might be too small and you'd hit some clips.. So test it and see :)

So yeah, no need to edit as it is perfect atm, but if you could add some timers and have a look that'd be great
NinjaDeer*

Post by NinjaDeer* »

kragle wrote:Well I just uploaded it for you all to see what potential it actually has in terms of a ETRUN map. It would be faster each lap you go, so each time would be different! It's a relatively new concept from most maps on ETRUN in that aspect.. But only concern is it might be too small and you'd hit some clips.. So test it and see :)

So yeah, no need to edit as it is perfect atm, but if you could add some timers and have a look that'd be great
well the problem in ETrun is that you cant actually do timer reset like in q3, so when you reach the endtimer the timer wont start again(im 50% sure can anyone confirm this)
Timothy

Post by Timothy »

NinjaDeer* wrote:
kragle wrote:Well I just uploaded it for you all to see what potential it actually has in terms of a ETRUN map. It would be faster each lap you go, so each time would be different! It's a relatively new concept from most maps on ETRUN in that aspect.. But only concern is it might be too small and you'd hit some clips.. So test it and see :)

well the problem in ETrun is that you cant actually do timer reset like in q3, so when you reach the endtimer the timer wont start again(im 50% sure can anyone confirm this)
I can confirm this is wrong.
NinjaDeer*

Post by NinjaDeer* »

Timothy wrote:
NinjaDeer* wrote:

I can confirm this is wrong.
i dont believe filthy belgs
stealth

Post by stealth »

I think it is possible, but not a new concept. Henkka-Circle? comes to mind. Isn't that one of the maps where you just jump in a circle so each lap is faster?
AjB*

Post by AjB* »

yes it is possible, like on this pic:

squares : spawnpts
green line : starttimer
black line: stoptimer
blue line : a simple patch mesh with cushion, the cushion part facing the spawnpt (so u can only go in the correct way. ur blocked if u want to turn back)
Diman

Post by Diman »

AjB* wrote:yes it is possible, like on this pic:

squares : spawnpts
green line : starttimer
black line: stoptimer
blue line : a simple patch mesh with cushion, the cushion part facing the spawnpt (so u can only go in the correct way. ur blocked if u want to turn back)
Simply TheJudger-Run2

Timers don't reset in ETrun.
NinjaDeer*

Post by NinjaDeer* »

my point still stands, never trust timothy