Any tutorial for Timerun mapping?

nico
Site Admin

Re: Any tutorial for Timerun mapping?

Post by nico »

instye wrote: All right.

I did some small work again. I got the sky working, thank you a lot! But I still can't test my map on ETrun. I tried with ETded.exe too -- doesn't work. The server's up and I can see it in my browser, but when I connect I get the same error as above, but if I connect to any other ETrun server, then it connects without any problem. I run 2.60b by the way.

I only have one installation of ET, the newest one that's on SpalshDamage's site. If I remember correctly then the installer's called ET2.60b_custom.exe or something like that.
Please check my post viewtopic.php?f=6&t=133
--
>Nico*
instye

Post by instye »

nico wrote:
instye wrote: All right.

I did some small work again. I got the sky working, thank you a lot! But I still can't test my map on ETrun. I tried with ETded.exe too -- doesn't work. The server's up and I can see it in my browser, but when I connect I get the same error as above, but if I connect to any other ETrun server, then it connects without any problem. I run 2.60b by the way.

I only have one installation of ET, the newest one that's on SpalshDamage's site. If I remember correctly then the installer's called ET2.60b_custom.exe or something like that.
Please check my post viewtopic.php?f=6&t=133
Thank you a lot, Nico! You guys both deserve credits. :P
instye

Post by instye »

YES!!! Everything works now! The sky and the timers (checkpoints as well)! :D :D Thank you guys a lot! :D
stealth

Post by stealth »

instye wrote:YES!!! Everything works now! The sky and the timers (checkpoints as well)! :D :D Thank you guys a lot! :D
Cool - what's the map called? Then I can vote for it.
instye

Post by instye »

stealth wrote:
instye wrote:YES!!! Everything works now! The sky and the timers (checkpoints as well)! :D :D Thank you guys a lot! :D
Cool - what's the map called? Then I can vote for it.
It's called LNPruns. Although it hasn't been released, I still must make the .pk3 file for it, at least the .bsp is finished. My average time on my map is about 25 seconds, if I compare it to people that actually can timerun, then it should be nothing to them -- guess they could finish it under 21 seconds too.