SummerCup maps

Everything related to APCup
amethyst

Re: SummerCup maps

Post by amethyst »

I think demos are great to see that the player doesnt cheat or anything and maybe its good to post the best ones to the forum to improve the other users??
I know im not the one to say what you gotta do but i think those ideas are great
stealth

Post by stealth »

Diman wrote:... idea ...
Well the first problem I see is how do you restrict it to 3 days? What's stopping somebody from downloading the map or getting it from a friend, practicing for a week and then requesting a token?

Also I don't think this system would change anything for the mappers. If a player just plays the maps in succession then he would still complete it in 15 days so the maps would still need to be ready by then.

Another point is who has the expertise to check if somebody is cheating? I don't think anybody in our community is capable of this (sorry). Also even if somebody was then they'd have to spend a lot of time checking demos which I just don't see happening. (It's already a struggle to get mappers to map! :D )

Thanks for the input, but I don't think this idea is feasible.
stealth

Post by stealth »

So, now that christmas, new year, etc are behind us what's the status of those maps?

For starting dates I suggest 15/02 (Half term holiday) or 26/04 (easter holiday) depending on the status of the maps.
nico
Site Admin

Post by nico »

Nice initiative trying to bring back alive some competitive event, appreciated.
I'll provide a server with config and website ranking for it, but 15/02 is not possible for me so I suggest 26/04.
--
>Nico*
Flame

Post by Flame »

Still have my map.

I never actually got round to doing the levelshots for it, probably never will lol - more me forgetting than anything and it's not really that important afaik.

The jump is complete however.
stealth

Post by stealth »

Flame wrote:Still have my map.

I never actually got round to doing the levelshots for it, probably never will lol - more me forgetting than anything and it's not really that important afaik.

The jump is complete however.
Good news! :D Diman said he also has a map so that's two already. I'm pretty sure we can count on AjB, which means we just need 2 more maps by 26/04 unless we hear word from any of the following:
amethyst
Diman
GnOu
HeX|Tuomas
NinjaDeer*
Yave.
AjB*

Post by AjB* »

Ay like stealth said I also have a map, just need to finish some details but it'll be ready
God

Post by God »

In.
AjB*

Post by AjB* »

Any new on this? Do we have enough maps or the event will be another time postponed?
NinjaDeer*

Post by NinjaDeer* »

AjB* wrote:Any new on this? Do we have enough maps or the event will be another time postponed?
one map(pupus map) is 90%
second is 0%
only need a few months