SUMMERcup discussion

Everything related to APCup
stealth

Re: SUMMERcup discussion

Post by stealth »

Timothy wrote:Isn't 2 months a bit too soon? I'd like some quality maps this time instead of rushed maps.
2 months is loads of time. If you give them more time then they are just going to wait till the last minute anyway. So basically the question is do you want a rushed map in 2 months or in 4?

For example my apcup map from 2011 took 2-4 weeks. Might not be the best gameplay, but looked pretty good. My map for apcup 2013 took 2 weeks to map. So imo 2 months it plenty of time.
NinjaDeer*

Post by NinjaDeer* »

pupup0x wrote:I'm up for it. I'd make a map for it if i had more time, but I'm quite sure I wont have enough time to make actually good map. I'll start making one anyway just in case there's not enough maps that pass my highly valued and 100% fair judgement.

P.s. imo arca would be good choice too though.
Im not sure if arca would be up for it, maybe you can do it together and discuss? :P
do you have an xfire where people could contact/send you the maps on?
Yave. wrote:I can make a map too <3 (This time I will put some effort on it)
Great.
Timothy wrote:Isn't 2 months a bit too soon? I'd like some quality maps this time instead of rushed maps.
If you want quality maps you should try mapping yourself, faget
Timothy

Post by Timothy »

NinjaDeer* wrote:
That's exactly why I am not mapping.
Diman

Post by Diman »

Timothy wrote:
NinjaDeer* wrote:
That's exactly why I am not mapping.
If you don't map then don't criticize. Sometimes it takes a lot of time for one person to create a quality map and there will be no less than one faggot that says that it's shit.
NinjaDeer*

Post by NinjaDeer* »

Diman wrote:
If you don't map then don't criticize. Sometimes it takes a lot of time for one person to create a quality map and there will be no less than one faggot that says that it's shit.
I kind of agree with diman here, also youre probably used to dfwc where all the maps are fucking great, we dont have mappers with the time, skill and dedication needed for a map like a dfwc map
pupup0x

Post by pupup0x »

NinjaDeer* wrote:
pupup0x

Also while on topic, I back up timothy here. You don't need to do shit to be able to criticize. It's like saying you have to be criminal to be a judge at court.
NinjaDeer*

Post by NinjaDeer* »

pupup0x wrote:
NinjaDeer* wrote:
pupup0x

Also while on topic, I back up timothy here. You don't need to do shit to be able to criticize. It's like saying you have to be criminal to be a judge at court.
sure, but no one likes hearing about someones unrealistic standards and criticizing in a negative way(explaining why the map is bad instead of just flaming it like a retard)
Timothy

Post by Timothy »

I'm not comparing with DFWC at all. As I recall the last DFWC was a complete disaster (gameplay wise).
If anything I might be comparing with the previous apcup. I know this community can come up with decent maps. I liked every map of the previous apcup except the one made by Dinius which was obviously rushed and some disqualified ones. A new bar has been set and I feel like we (as in you, the mappers :P) should try to aim higher than that.
NinjaDeer* wrote:Lets make the next APcup the best one so far.
Diman

Post by Diman »

Timothy wrote:I'm not comparing with DFWC at all. As I recall the last DFWC was a complete disaster (gameplay wise).
If anything I might be comparing with the previous apcup. I know this community can come up with decent maps. I liked every map of the previous apcup except the one made by Dinius which was obviously rushed and some disqualified ones. A new bar has been set and I feel like we (as in you, the mappers :P) should try to aim higher than that.
NinjaDeer* wrote:Lets make the next APcup the best one so far.
AjB*

Post by AjB* »

Confirmed for me, I finally found an idea ;)