SUMMERcup discussion

Everything related to APCup
NinjaDeer*

Re: SUMMERcup discussion

Post by NinjaDeer* »

AjB* wrote:Confirmed for me, I finally found an idea ;)
great! added
pupup0x

Post by pupup0x »

You faggots should add me to xfire aswell, as I am the supreme judge and I doubt the gameplay-wise mapping skills of each and everyone one of you. Better to show some progress every now and then so I can point out the obvious errors and you have time to fix it. I do require .map for this.
pupup0x

Post by pupup0x »

New "IMPOSSIBLE" rule. I won't accept any map that has less than 20 textures used. So far I've been sent 3 maps and I think 8 is the highest amount of textures used, caulk & clips included.
Flame

Post by Flame »

pupup0x wrote:New "IMPOSSIBLE" rule. I won't accept any map that has less than 20 textures used. So far I've been sent 3 maps and I think 8 is the highest amount of textures used, caulk & clips included.
Was thinking of creating a map myself but having read this - My style was going to be based around my Tranquil map (if you've seen it), which has very few textures. Guessing I would need to find a way to include more textures? Would kind of ruin the "Simple + Clean" look I went for though.
pupup0x

Post by pupup0x »

It was a joke anyway. Got slightly annoyed about getting maps with 3 textures sent to me.
AjB*

Post by AjB* »

about my map, yes mine had 7 textures, but thats how I do, I build the map with a little amount of textures (instead of only clauk, cause I cant see shit whit that) and then at the end I take care of the textures
pupup0x

Post by pupup0x »

Though you should start caulking from the start, because it will be rather impossible to caulk stuff good in the end.
Flame

Post by Flame »

Ah right, fair enough.

Would it be possible to get any pointers on what makes a "good" AP map? I remember a post somewhere; someone asking the same question but I can't recall who answered it though.
NinjaDeer*

Post by NinjaDeer* »

Flame wrote:Ah right, fair enough.

Would it be possible to get any pointers on what makes a "good" AP map? I remember a post somewhere; someone asking the same question but I can't recall who answered it though.
made this thread for you: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=233&p=753
i'll think of guidelines and i hope others will too!

does this mean i can add your name to the list?:P
Flame

Post by Flame »

Yeah go for it!

And thanks for the thread. I know everyone has their own favourite style of map, but if there were basic guidelines like you put; something to base ideas on, would help. I understand harder paths with easy(normally longer) paths are a general rule but other than that, kinda just making it up as I go along.