APcup maps

Everything related to APCup
Timothy

APcup maps

Post by Timothy »

The APcup will be held in October/November (I haven't decided an exact date yet.)
So by then we need to have 5 maps ready.

If players want to volunteer for making a map please reply in this topic.

Here are a few rules mappers need to follow when making a map:

-Maps have to be at least 25 seconds long. Grinding for frames after 10 min of playing isn't much fun.
-No OB: Unless you make a map without ramps/slopes OB is too random and will be disabled.
-Make the map possible for every skill level, but preferably make some shorter routes as well that only skilled players can do. A good example for this is APcup2011-3-Runaos. The map is possible by just walking to the end and has jumppads and teles for the not so skilled players and ramps for the more skilled players.
-If you want slick in your map, you can choose between the old and new slick physics. Tell me which physics you want and the physics will change server side.
-Make correct use of killtriggers and teleporters. Use killtriggers at the start of a map and later use teleporters for areas players should not reach. (like a hole or lavafield you can fall in).
-Add well placed checkpoints.
-Make the map somewhat good looking. Don't make the map look boring. I'm not expecting everyone to make it as good looking as APcup2011-4-Stealth, but at least put some work in it.

If mappers have further questions, reply here or contact me on xfire: timothy96
God

Re: APcup maps

Post by God »

Quality post.

I won't be mapping sorry, I'm still working on my project (Palmyra Tadmor)(currently in pre-alpha stage)
Diman

Post by Diman »

Currently at mapping
God

Post by God »

Diman wrote:Currently at mapping
Awesome map. Great size. Looking thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics of your map or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight your map can get. Thanks for the motivation.
Yave.

Post by Yave. »

i have an old map that i will make in new style, and if you dont like, im going to start another

:D

Ps1:(with yave's style muhahahaha)

Ps2: Joke :lol:
Diman

Post by Diman »

God wrote: Awesome map. Great size. Looking thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics of your map or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight your map can get. Thanks for the motivation.
Oh, I am sorry if I don't follow your life's aestethics. I hardly ever map nowadays because of personal businesses. And ye, I have to turn off my retarded mod later or sooner.
stealth

Post by stealth »

Diman wrote:
God wrote: Awesome map. Great size. Looking thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics of your map or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight your map can get. Thanks for the motivation.
Oh, I am sorry if I don't follow your life's aestethics. I hardly ever map nowadays because of personal businesses. And ye, I have to turn off my retarded mod later or sooner.
I'm sure you can find the time between now and October to make a map.
GnOu

Post by GnOu »

I'll make a map too if needed ;)
nico
Site Admin

Post by nico »

APCup mappers, please give us a heartbeat so that we know if the event is dead or not.
Thanks
--
>Nico*
Yave.

Post by Yave. »

Im going to finish my map this week ;)